Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I created for the BEST, dark chocolate, gooey lava cakes. AND they're SO easy!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup Smart Balance butter spread (NOT Light!)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup king arthur white whole wheat flour
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt chocolate slowly in a double boiler.
- When melted, take off the heat and stir in Smart Balance, until it melts.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a whisk until it’s a little frothy.
- Stir in melted chocolate and then gradually add the flour.
- Spray 4 individual ramekins with non-stick spray and pour in chocolate batter.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Tip ramekins upside down onto individual plates and serve.
- Reap the rewards and the praise!
I wanted to make a quick and easy desert so I found these and decided to give them a try. I just cooked them in a muffin pan instead of ramicans. They were extremely delicious and very easy. I loved pairing them with ice cream or whip cream. I would suggest them to anyone who wants something gourmet tasty fast!
This recipe is amazing! I made chocolate lava cake once before with a different recipe and it didn't turn out so well. This one was so easy to make and the cakes came out perfect!! Everyone loved it!