Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the Baker's Chocolate Famous Brand Name Recipes cookbook 'Desserts for Chocolate Lovers.' I added it to my 'Bars & Cookies' cookbook & wanted to share it with you, as well.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Oh so good!! I doubled the crust so there was enough to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. After tasting, we think that they would be just as good if not better without the crust; will be making these again very soon without the crust. Made as directed otherwise and they cooked up perfectly in 17 minutes. Made for Everyday Holiday.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, & lightly grease 8" square baking dish.
- Microwave chocolate & 1/4 cup butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar, & mix well.
- Blend in eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Stir in pecans, then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar & 2 tablespoons butter.
- Press firmly onto bottom & 1/2" up sides of prepared baking dish.
- Spread chocolate mixture over crust.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until center is set.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.