Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this off the package of bittersweet chocolate by Ghirardelli.
- 2 (8 ounce) bars 60% bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa (or 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds or pecans)
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add the butter and stir until it is melted. Now add the chocolate to the saucepan. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour chocolate mix into a shallow bowl. Cool, cover and refrigerate until it is firm, at least two hours. Roll mixture into 1" balls, and then roll in the desired coating. Enjoy!
- Makes 30 truffles.
These are good, although I would have prefered them sweeter, they are very easy to make though. Thanks Sharon!..Kitten