Recipe by Chef Decadent1
This recipe is compliments of Taste of Home. It was originally made for a guest lodge and according to the lore everyone that tastes it becomes ADDICTED!!! I have to say that I'm addicted too!!! I sure hope you try this one..I just had to share this one with you.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10 inch X 21/2 inch log.
- Place 4 inches apart on greased or foil lined baking sheets.
- Make a 1/2 inch depression down center of each log.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies.
- Cool completely.