Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is compliments of Taste of Home. It was originally made for a guest lodge and according to the lore everyone that tastes it becomes ADDICTED!!! I have to say that I'm addicted too!!! I sure hope you try this one..I just had to share this one with you.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10 inch X 21/2 inch log.
- Place 4 inches apart on greased or foil lined baking sheets.
- Make a 1/2 inch depression down center of each log.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies.
- Cool completely.
A pretty cookie for the goodie trays. They are similar to a thumbprint cookie but they also remind me of the jam filled shortbreads. Yummy, thanks for the recipe.
Everyone loved them. They are VERY similar to jam thumbprint cookies but faster and easier. I made the mistake of making 1/2 with raspberry jam and 1/2 with real blueberry jam but the blueberry was really dark,almost blackish so next time, I'll either use apricot or orange-anything lighter will work.