Recipe by Debber
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water! Hahah. Just kidding. I'm always on the look-out for recipes using raspberries (we have a BIG patch) AND chocolate (I have a craving!). This one MORE than fits the bill because it ALSO has cream cheese. COOK time includes SOME of the chilling time...plan accordingly.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups vanilla chips or 2 cups white chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine crust ingredients (cut in butter with pastry cutter); press into 13x9 pan; bake 15-18 minutes.
- Spread jam over WARM crust; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth, add melted vanilla chips, continue beating until smooth; spread over jam.
- Cool completely; chill for one hour.
- For glaze: melt chips and shortening, stir until smooth, spread over chilled filling; chill for 10 minutes more (set).
- Cut into small bars, chill another hour (practice restraint!).
- Store in fridge.
- SUBSTITUTE: IMHO there is nothing better than raspberry jam, but I suppose you could use strawberry or even apricot or orange marmalade for a whole 'nother flavor!