Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Sweet Potato Queens book. Goes REALLY well with Death Chicken. Can use cream of onion soup to make this vegetarian. Not sure on the yellow rice package size - I just grab the one that "looks right."
- 1 (10 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Cook the rice just like it says on the package, but without the oil. (Takes about 20 minutes).
- Dump it in a quart size casserole dish.
- Dump in the corn, soup, butter, and cheese and stir it all up.
- You may put more cheese on top if you’d like.
- Cook this for about 20 minutes or so at 350 degrees.
The Best Corn Casserole ever, were the comments of 10 ladies at lunch. I doubled it and took the rest to couples bunco the next day. I renamed it though to: Corn to Die for! :-) Thanks for sharing.