Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ultimate cheese pizza! Its quite easy to make and tastes oh so yummy! The addtion of fresh veggies makes it even better. You can use any types of cheese and veggies you like best.
- 600 g flour (if using ordinary, youll need slightly less water) or 600 g whole grain flour (if using ordinary, youll need slightly less water)
- 375 ml water
- 44.37 ml oil
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips (diced if you prefer)
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 120 g gouda cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 100 g butter cheese, grated (or other mild cheeses)
- 44.37 ml pizza sauce or 44.37 ml tomato puree
- Combine all the dough ingredients and work into a smooth dough. Knead thoroughly and then roll out directly on a paper-lined baking sheet dusted with a little flour (this way you wont have to transfer it and it cant fall apart).
- Spread the gouda cheese pieces on the edge of the dough leaving some space so that you can fold the edge over the cheese to seal it.
- Spread dough (except for cheese edge) with pasta sauce or puree and top with veggies.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and mozzarella slices. YOu can also put them on top of your cheese edge.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F on the middle rack for 10 minutes. Then transfer to lowest rack, bake another 10 minutes and transfer back to middle rack for the last 5-10 minutes. Your pizza should be nicely browned and the dough not sticky anymore.
I used swiss, cheddar, and a blend of provlone and asiago cheese. Very cheesy! Thanks!
LOVE the fresh combo of zucchini ribbons (cut with a vegetable peeler), green pepper and onion....unique and gives it just the right crunch. The melted gouda and mozzarella slices were of course delicious, but if you didn't want to spend the money or fat grams for two layers, double the veggies and half the cheese would still be a terrific pizza (slower death version).
We had this last night and it was fabulous - I used a purchased base and made the topping with one sub . I used a handful of rocket instead of bell pepper. I loved the addition of the mozzarella balls - I had little ones and diced them - I haven't seen a big one here I don't recall. Will try making the base next time when I am not in a rush.