Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can find a video on how to make this at www.Digitalcookbook.tv From My Big Fat Greek Feast by George Kyrtatas Described as a great summer soup. Ouzo can be replaced by any anise flavored non alcoholic liquid.
- 4 cups honeydew melon
- 2 cups cantaloupe
- 1⁄4 cup ouzo
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 sprig mint (or dill or fennel, garnish) (optional)
- Take honeydew, 2 tablespoons ouzo, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar and blend or process until smooth.
- Pour into 4 serving bowls and reserve.
- Take cantaloupe and remaining ingredients and blend or process until smooth. Gently pour cantaloupe mixture into the center of each bowl on top of honeydew mixture.
- Serve cold and garnish with a spring of mint.