Recipe by babyparentingguide
My son is on a diversified rotary diet for allergies. This is bread for Day 1 in the rotation.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar or 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 cups wheat flour, unbleached or 3 cups kamut flour or 3 cups barley flour or 3 cups spelt flour or 3 cups oat flour or 3 cups rye flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, without iodine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the ingredients in the pan according to your bread machine manufacturer's advice. Mine is as follows (Black and Decker):.
- Bake on the regular bread cycle. This bread comes out with a lighter crust than other breads, so I tend to use the dark crust setting.
- The flours listed are all acceptable for day 1, however I advise mixing half with another flour if using oat flour or if using any of the heavier flours, use the whole wheat setting on your machine.
- We use sea salt without iodine because of a corn allergy (dextrose added to iodized salts).
- Agave nectar loaves come out more dense, but still tasty.
- You can put this on a dough cycle and then make rolls out of it or bake it in a regular bread pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.