Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
My friend Dawn made this dish for her daughters baby shower many years ago, and it was so good I begged her for the recipe... It is DELICIOUS on crackers, but it would be good on baquettes, and pita or bagel chips too. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMMmmmy! Cooking time means chill time too.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can red salmon, everything in the can
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Mix gelatin, onion, lemon juice, and boiling water in a blender, on high speed, for 30 secs.
- Turn off, then add mayonnaise, dill, salt, pepper and salmon. Mix again on high speed.
- Remove cover, and slowly add cream. Mix again.
- Oil a mold. Pour mixture into mold, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
This is delicious. I've made it a few times and it's been a hit. The only change I make is that I take out the long spine bones from the canned salmon. The red salmon has more flavor, but I've also made this with other canned salmon and it's still great.
Awesome!!! My sister had a shower yesterday for my niece and I needed something to bring for an appetizer. It was so hot that I didn't really want to bake, so I made this ahead and chilled it good, then bagged it up to bring. When I got to the hall I put it in a deep tupperware cover and set it in ice so it would stay chilled. I used a fish mold to put the filling into so it would look pretty atop some curly leafed lettuce. It looked amazing when I got done. I served it with pita and bagel chips and everyone dove in and I got LOTS of compliments! People couldn't leave it alone, and my niece said she was addicted to it already and asked for the recipe. I would suggest anyone wanting to make something that's a little different from the normal dish, to try making this one to bring to your next function. People will be praising you the whole time!