My friend Dawn sent me this recipe to try, and I did... It's like a pumpkiny custard on the bottom and crumb topping on top, and loaded with nuts. It's just plain WONDERFUL! Great anytime, but also for the holidays, and a lot easier and quicker than making a pie :D I made this for the Cake-A-Thon to honor Chef-I-Am October 2007. I know she would have loved this cake :) Here's to you Tina!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, until well blended.
- Pour batter into a 9x13" greased pan.
- Sprinkle DRY cake mix on top, then cover with pecans.
- Pour melted margarine or butter over top.
- Bake 50-60 mins., or until golden brown.
- Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream on top.