Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My fiancée loves this recipe. I got this recipe from a friend from where my fiancée worked. When I made this I did not use the tore up bread I used more Progresso bread crumbs. I also used the mozzarella.
- 1 -2 zucchini
- 1 3⁄4 cups breadcrumbs (bread tore up)
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese or 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (cubed or shredded) or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (cubed or shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup progresso breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut ends off and wash zucchini good.
- Cut half lengthwise.
- Boil till tender (10-15 minutes).
- Mix together tore up bread, cheese, progresso bread crumbs, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and egg. Set aside.
- Clean out zucchini and add the guts of the zucchini to the bread crumb mix and mix well.
- Place all back into zucchini shells.
- Dab with butter and bake 1/2 hour at 350°F.
- Note: Do not use ricotta or cottage cheese.