Recipe by 911spatcher
I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to this week! Can sub heavy cream for the milk for added creaminess!
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1182.95 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 354.88 ml milk
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 354.88 ml uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 473.18 ml shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh sage
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3Qt sauce pot over medium high heat, add the butter, chicken broth, milk, dried oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the cheese, sour cream, sage and parsley. Whisk well to combine. Allow the cheese to melt giving the grits a creamy texture.