Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my husbands favorite roast recipe. It turns out perfect every time with the best gravy. It is so good with the traditional roast veggies, potatoes (mashed or roasted) and carrots. From the Favorites cookbook.
- 1 (3 -5 lb) beef roast
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef gravy (Franco-American)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Season the roast with garlic salt to taste on all sides. Place in crock pot.
- Mix together gravy and pour over roast.
- Cook on low heat for 12 hours or high heat for 6-7 hours.
- Take roast out when cooked. Strain gravy to get rid of lumps and thicken with a cornstarch and cold water mixture.
This was very good. I think next time I will cut the brown sugar in half as it was a little sweet for my tastes.
simple, easy & tasty. I would make this again