Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great way to use up left over potatoes.
Make and share this Dauphine Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Bring first 3 ingredients to boiling in 1 quart saucepan.
- Add flour all at once. Stir, cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until mixture leaves side of pan and forms ball. Cool slightly.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time (chou paste).
- Peel potatoes, boil and mash until fluffy. Add to chou paste. Mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in panko.
- Fry in olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Make sure oil is very hot before adding potato balls.
- Drain on paper towels.
Best potatoes I've ever had. I used about 2 parts potato to 1 part chou and they were amazing. My husband sends his thanks as well.
Wow, they just melted in my mouth. The whole family loved them. I didn't have any panko so I made them without and they were really wonderful. Thank-you so much for the recipe.