Recipe by Annetty
Chocolate & More Chocolate, you've gotta love it. This Torte will sink a little and is quite moist inside, apparently it freezes well (I have not done this). Recipe is from Table Magazine - May 2005.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate melts, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 150 g dark chocolate melts
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, grease and line a 23cm springform cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer beat egg whites in a bowl until firm peaks form, gradually add in sugar, until thick and glossy.
- Lightly fold in 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate, dates, pecans and flour,pour into prepared pan, bake for 50-60 minutes, until firm.
- Turn oven off, leaving torte inside to cool completely.
- Chill until required.
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE.
- Combine all ingredients from 7 to 11 in a small saucepan.
- Heat on low for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until melted and smooth - keep warm.
- Serve cake in wedges with a dollop of fresh cream, dusted with cocoa and topped with Hot Fudge Sauce.