1/4 Photos of Date Oatmeal Cookies
In making cookies for Christmas I was trying to keep in mind what I had in my cabinets (instead of running out for more supplies). I found a recipe in the "More With Less" cookbook that looked interesting. I adapted it pretty heavily based on what I had. These are soft cookies that spread a ton while baking. They are a little crumbly but had a lovely soft, almost old fashioned molasses type taste. Sucanat is unrefined sugar. It has a lovely taste and more redeeming social value then refined sugar. If you don't have it, though, brown sugar would be a fine replacement.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sucanat or 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick cooking or regular - not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together the butter, sucanat, and eggs.
- 3In a different bowl combine the flour through all spice.
- 4Add the flour to the butter mixture alternating with the milk until it is all combined.
- 5Stir in the oatmeal and dates.
- 6Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- 8Immediately remove from pans onto a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 748.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: