Lighter Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- Combine margarine and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add egg and sugar until well blended.
- Add vanilla, salt and baking soda.
- Mix in rolled oats, wheat germ and flax seeds until well combined.
- Mix in whole wheat flour.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were delicious! Although I have to admit I used regular brown sugar and regular peanut butter as that was all I had on hand. So they weren't al light as the recipe intended but they were still wholesome compared to regular cookie recipes. I also added in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and halved the recipe. It made exactly 2 dozen cookies. Great!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 29 year old wife and mother of one. We live in the city of Monrovia California with our little dog Brownies. I am currently working part time as a sales assistant for a small company while I complete my masters in education. I am also working on becoming a credentialed elementary school teacher and volunteer for a first grade class at the local elementary school. My hubby is an IT administrator for a local company. My husband and I are also trying to start up an entertainment company called Bounz Entertainment. We specialize in DJ services for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays and corporate parties. Visit our website at bounzentertainment.com for more information. My husband and are both first generation Mexican-American and love all types of ethnic foods. We love to cuddle and spend family time together with our son.