Recipe by Bev I Am
Try a Date Nut Bar?
Top Review by Mirj
I was invited out for lunch on Saturday and was told to bring dessert. I decided on making a bar plate, and these yummy date bars were part of my gift. I used a package of pre-smushed dates, I've had a lot of success with those. I also used chopped almonds for the nuts. The only thing that seemed strange to me about this recipe is that there was no baking powder or self-raising flour. I added a teaspoon of baking powder and I'm glad that I did, the bars rose beautifully, but retained just enough gooeyness. It also took more than 20 minutes to bake, more like 40. Very yummy, Bev, these are going into the keeper file! I'm going to try to adapt them for Passover subbing matzoh cake meal for the flour.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar and add beaten eggs one at a time.
- Add one cup of flour to mixture.
- Mix remaining cup of flour with dates and nuts.
- Add to mixture.
- Grease and flour a 9x13x2" pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut and dip in confectioner's sugar.