Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe came from my husband's grandmother. They are much easier to make than they sound. I have halved the recipe successfully; and I have used jam instead of the cooked dates although nothing beats the original recipe.
- Cook the dates in sugar and water, until tender. Cool before using.
- Blend shortening and sugar, and then add remaining ingredients.
- Roll out thin on a floured surface, cutting into circles.
- Place filling on bottom circle, top with a second circle, and seal edges.
- Bake until brown at 350 degrees - about 10 minutes, depending on the size of your circles.