Originally from "Christmas Cookies"...a quick way to make oatmeal-date cookies..mmm!
Make and share this Date-filled Oatmeal Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, oats, soda, salt, & brown sugar.
- Cut butter in until it reaches the consistency of coarse meal.
- Press half of mixture across the bottom of an ungreased 12x8x2 baking pan.
- Combine dates, 1 c. sugar, and water in saucepan.
- Cook on low until sugar dissolves, dates soften, and mixture is thick and mushy.
- Spread date mixture over dough in pan.
- Cover with remaining dough.
- Bake at 325 for 40 min or until lightly browned.
- Cut into 1"x2" bars while still warm; remove to wire racks to cool.