Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Here is another cookie that travels well, making it ideal for shipping as a gift during the holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 2 cookie sheets.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then sour cream.
- Sift flours, baking powder and soda, and allspice together. Add to butter mixture and mix just until blended. Stir in walnuts and dates.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 15-17 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.