Recipe by Bluenoser
This tasty dish is a big hit in our family. It was taught to me by my grandmother.
Top Review by Nova Scotia Cook
Boy, but this sure made a lot!!! A nice easy to prepare meal that is ready in a flash. I tasted it after it was heated and thought it could use a bit more of a zip, so added 2-3 tbsp. of chili powder. Served it with fresh dinner rolls and homemade lemonade. Have plenty left over to freeze for another time. Thanks Darrell, this one is a keeper and I know I will be making it again.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (14 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups macaroni
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry hamburger til browned, and add all ingredients except macaroni, parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
- In separate pot, boil macaroni 6 minutes in salted water.
- Add to the above mixture.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve with a side salad.
- Top with optional bacon bits and parmesan cheese.