Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This tasty dish is a big hit in our family. It was taught to me by my grandmother.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (14 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups macaroni
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
- Fry hamburger til browned, and add all ingredients except macaroni, parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
- In separate pot, boil macaroni 6 minutes in salted water.
- Add to the above mixture.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Serve with a side salad.
- Top with optional bacon bits and parmesan cheese.
Boy, but this sure made a lot!!! A nice easy to prepare meal that is ready in a flash. I tasted it after it was heated and thought it could use a bit more of a zip, so added 2-3 tbsp. of chili powder. Served it with fresh dinner rolls and homemade lemonade. Have plenty left over to freeze for another time. Thanks Darrell, this one is a keeper and I know I will be making it again.
We tried this the other night for supper, and really enjoyed it. We served ours with thick slices of French bread. Will definitely make this again as it is quick and very tasty! Thanks!