1 hr 45 mins
Another recipe from a local favorite, Darrell Teats. I had never seen the use of brisket in chili before but once I tasted it, I was hooked!!! This is his recipe exactly as he gave it to me. The longer it cooks, the better it gets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb ground garlic sausage
- 1/2 lb beef brisket, smoked
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon jack's seasoning (or favorite all purpose seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tomatoes (puree'd)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (puree'd)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (chili style, puree'd)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Ground hamburger meat and sausage with onions, then add seasonings.
- 2Add tomatoes and Rotel along with jalapeno pepper.
- 3Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Add 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- 5Add flour and smoked brisket.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes then add remaining can of tomato sauce.
- 7Simmer for 10-30 minutes and serve.
- 8You may add cheese and/or chives as a topping.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Darrell's Dazzling Chili
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 946.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: