Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe from a local favorite, Darrell Teats. I had never seen the use of brisket in chili before but once I tasted it, I was hooked!!! This is his recipe exactly as he gave it to me. The longer it cooks, the better it gets.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground garlic sausage
- 1⁄2 lb beef brisket, smoked
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon jack's seasoning (or favorite all purpose seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tomatoes (puree'd)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (puree'd)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (chili style, puree'd)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Ground hamburger meat and sausage with onions, then add seasonings.
- Add tomatoes and Rotel along with jalapeno pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Add flour and smoked brisket.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add remaining can of tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 10-30 minutes and serve.
- You may add cheese and/or chives as a topping.