Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.recipe4living.com website. Submitted by barcogifts - "I love making my mashed potatoes for company. They always tell me they are the best mashed potatoes they have ever had! I know, these are not healthy but they are worth the splurge! I hope you enjoy them too!"
- 2267.96 g baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 14.79 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- Place the potatoes in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, (15-20 minutes). Drain well.
- Place the drained potatoes in a large bowl, add butter and whip the potatoes with an electric mixer until there are no lumps. Pour in the cream and continue whipping until the potatoes are fluffy.
These potatoes are so good!! I loved the added seasonings to the water rather than the potatoes; it seemed to give it more flavor and DS didn't complain that the pepper was too 'spicy'. Added a little butter to the top. Will definitely be making these my go to mashed taters! Made for Cookbook Tag.
These taters are fantastic! Love the onion powder (I used onion salt and left out the sea salt). I used fat-free Half & Half for the heavy cream and added some freshly snipped and chopped parsley. Will make these for Thanksgiving! Glad you posted them! Made for My 3 Chefs-Fall 09.
These potatoes are creamy and rich...and delicious. The idea of seasoning the water is brilliant! Those seasonings seep into the potatoes and flavor your mashed potatoes perfectly. This will be my new way of making mashed potatoes, thank you for the recipe!