1/3 Photos of Dark Chocolate Souffle
This dark, decadent, and luxurious chocolate souffle is easy to make and can be the perfect finale to a romantic dinner. Use the best quality dark chocolate. This can be doubled. Do adjust if doubling or trip;ling the recipe. I made triple the recipe and it did take 20 - 25 minutes to bake. My photo is of leftovers that I made the day before for 6. I did warm the leftovers in the microwave oven topped with cream. We did have berries the day of serving and is a must!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs (separated into whites and yolks)
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Prepare two 6 oz. ramekins with cold butter pour some granulated sugar mixed with cocoa into the ramekin and shake and roll the ramekin to coat the bottom and sides with sugar.
- 3Melt the butter, cream, and chocolate in the double boiler. Stir to help the melting. Once the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat.
- 4Whisk the two egg yolks into the chocolate.
- 5In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until the egg whites reach soft peaks. The whipped egg white tip of the peak should droop for the soft peaks.
- 6Add the sugar to the egg whites and continue to beat until you reach stiff peaks. Adding the whites a little at a time, fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- 7Without over mixing, fold the remaining egg whites into the batter.
- 8Pour the batter into the two prepared ramekins. Fill them at least 3/4 of the way up. Place a piece of chocolate or berries on each and gentle push into batter.
- 9Place the ramekins on a baking pan and place the pan in the oven on a rack set in the middle position. Bake the soufflés for 15 minutes at 375°F After fifteen minutes, the soufflé will have risen up out of the ramekin.
- 10Serve immediately in the ramekin. As the soufflé cools, it will drop and become more dense. dusted with sugar and garnish with berries.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.6
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 214.0 mg
- Sodium 122.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g