Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich dark chocolate sauce to use with ice cream, frozen yogurt, fresh fruit or whatever sounds better with chocolate sauce. This recipe has been tinkered with until I felt I'd gotten it where I wanted it. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix together sugar, cocoas & salt with water in a saucepan enough to combine them together.
- Add the 5 tbs butter & heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil stirring constantly. Continue stirring & let it boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat & add the vanilla.
- Put over ice cream, frozen yogurt, dip fresh fruit in it or whatever else you want to do with it. Store remainder in an airtight container in the fridge.
I rated this as good because I think there are others that will like this recipe but for me, it tasted too bitter.