Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A soft, bakery style cookie that turns ordinary into extraordinary! This recipe was found on the back of a dark chocolate/macadamia nut cookie package by Hershey.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups baking chocolate chips (Hershey's Chocolate & Macadamia Pieces or use any 8 ounce package of chocolate chips, nuts, etc)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until blended.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla; beating until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in baking pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
I really loved this recipe, it went so smoothly. Even a day later the cookies remained soft and chewy, which I really love. i'll definetely be making it again.