Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is an old Danish belief if a visitor leaves your house without being fed during the "Jul" (Christmas) season they can carry away the Christmas spirit. This is a quick easy, delicious recipe to help you keep the Spirit of Christmas in your house
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed according to instructions
- 8 ounces pitted prunes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put prunes, water& sugar in a saucepan.
- simmer for 20 minutes, cool, drain off any excess liquid & puree coarsely.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry to make 4 12x12 inch squares.
- Cut into 3" squares and place a level teaspoon of prunes into the center of each square.
- Cut a 1 1/2 slit from each corner toward the center of each square.
- Fold alternate points toward the center and press together in the middle.
- Let rest on an ungreased baking sheet or baking stone (cover the stone with a sheet of baking paper) for 15 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Place in 450F oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until flakey and golden.