Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional Christmas spice cookie. Tiny. Eat by the handful. Little bags can make attractive and tasty holiday gifts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in spices and salt.
- Stir in first cup of flour, then stir in second cup of flour. Add remaining flour as needed.
- Roll dough into snakes, and with sharp paring knife, cut off evenly-sized pieces, about 1/2 t each.
- Arrange fairly close together on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 min until lightly brown.
- Cool and store in airtight container.