Recipe by Smilyn
My grandmother is full Dane and I found a few recipes to post when I was doing some research. If the recipe seems a bit "choppy" it is because they are old. Please use your discrestion when baking these.
- 8 large apples, cored,peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cream
- whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make a syrup of the sugar, butter and water by heating a pot over the stove but don't let syrup bubble (boil).
- Cook the apples in the syrup until tender.
- Place in a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Beat eggs until creamy.
- Add the flour and sugar and mix well.
- Add the cream slowly in mix.
- Pour mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until it is set.
- Cover the baking dish with waxed paper during most of the baking to prevent browning too much.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.