Recipe by Rev.CCJ
A great breakfast that's hearty, sweet and has no processed sugar! Perfect if your on the Daniel Fast.
Top Review by BelaNani
I love this recipe. This is not your grandma's oatmeal but a great healthy alternative to your run of the mill oatmeal. I did modify it just a bit. Instead of dried apricots I pealed and chopped fresh apricots. Also instead of walnuts I used chopped raw whole almonds. This is a great breakfast for the Daniel Fast or as part of any diet or eating plan. It's naturally sweetened but not overly sweet. It's just right and oh so good for you. I'm so happy I found this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Transfer to an 8 by 8-inch baking dish that has been lightly rubbed with olive oil. Pour oatmeal mixture into dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy on top.