Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaptation of Kim D's Pizzeria Pizza Sauce, this version has been perfected to match my friends and family's taste. It is better than some of the local owned pizzerias, or so I have been told by friend and family alike! When fresh herbs are available I use them, and do so by tripling the amount shown.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste (good quality like Cento)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until golden.
- Add tomato paste, water, sugar, oregano, basil, cheese and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat.