Recipe by jorgydee
This is named for my brother because he is the one who invented it. This is our families favorite chili. In our family there is certain thing we think do not belong in chili such as celery, corn and pork n bean, this chili has none of these although if you have an mind to add them, have at her. This is actually pretty plain chili but good.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole mushrooms, drained
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (50 g) package chili seasoning mix or 1 (50 g) package chili powder, to your taste
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven, on top of stove, brown ground beef.
- Add onions and cook until transparent.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and green peppers, cook until tender.
- Add kidney beans and tomato paste, stir.
- Mix in chili seasoning or powder to your taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with garlic toast and tossed green salad.