My mommy makes it for the wet monsoon evenings...great with a cup of hot "elaichi chai"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1drain the soaked chanas and spread them on a cloth or paper to drain of the excess water.
- 2grind coarsely in grinder (there should be whole chanas here and there).
- 3add in all the other ingredients.
- 4mix well with a spoon (dont try to make a dough out of it).
- 5make medium sized, tweleve to fifteen balls of the mix.
- 6heat oil in a wok or kadahi.
- 7keep the heat on a medium flame.
- 8take each ball and keep it in the centre of your palm and press it down with the other, exerting pressure towards the outer end of stuff.
- 9give it a convex look from above and below.
- 10fry them till golden brown.
- 11serve hot with tea and fried green chillies!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dal Vada (chickpea Paties)
Serving Size: 1 (1465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.4
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: