Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mommy makes it for the wet monsoon evenings...great with a cup of hot "elaichi chai"
Make and share this Dal Vada (chickpea Paties) recipe from Food.com.
- drain the soaked chanas and spread them on a cloth or paper to drain of the excess water.
- grind coarsely in grinder (there should be whole chanas here and there).
- add in all the other ingredients.
- mix well with a spoon (dont try to make a dough out of it).
- make medium sized, tweleve to fifteen balls of the mix.
- heat oil in a wok or kadahi.
- keep the heat on a medium flame.
- take each ball and keep it in the centre of your palm and press it down with the other, exerting pressure towards the outer end of stuff.
- give it a convex look from above and below.
- fry them till golden brown.
- serve hot with tea and fried green chillies!