1/2 Photos of Dajaj Ma' Jawz
2 hrs 30 mins
A nice chicken and walnut dish from Arabia. (I increased the spices and that made it more appealing to me, at least)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a pot and cover halfway with water; add half of the chopped onions, the carrots, 1/4 cup of the parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- 3Remove chicken and take the meat off the bone, cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- 4Strain the chicken stock and set aside. Mix the walnuts with the paprika and set aside.
- 5Brown the chicken pieces in the butter. Add the remaining onions, the chicken stock, the cinnamon, cloves, baharat, and bay leaves.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 7Remove the bay leaves, then set on a serving platter, and garnish with the walnut and paprika mixture.
- 8Decorate with the remaining parsley and cilantro.
- 9Serve with rice and pita bread.
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dajaj Ma' Jawz
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.3
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 247.1 mg
- Sodium 303.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 60.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: