Recipe by Nana Lee
This is so beautiful when put together. It looks like a big daisy! Not as difficult as it sounds. Just read the directions on how to assemble and see how simple it really is. Great for a thank you gift, Mothers' day, Easter! The ingredients for the cake mix depend on the brand you use. I put in the ingredients because they wouldn' let me publish recipe without them.
- 1 (17 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 -2 drop yellow food coloring
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (may not need all)
- 2 small bug-shaped decorative candies
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; blend in dry pudding mix.
- Pour about half of the batter into greased 1-quart ovenproof bowl.
- Pour remaining batter into greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- BAKE 9-inch round cake layer 23 to 25 minute or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bake batter in bowl 33 to 35 minute or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool each 10 minute Remove from pan and bowl; cool completely on wire rack.
- CUT 9-inch cake layer into 16 wedges.
- Place inverted "bowl" cake onto large serving board.
- Arrange cake wedges around "bowl" cake to form petals.
- Frost completely with whipped topping.
- PLACE coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add food coloring.
- Close bag; shake to evenly tint coconut.
- Press tinted coconut onto whipped topping-covered center(bowl) cake.
- Press marshmallows onto tops of each flower petal.
- Place bug shaped candies on daisy as desired.