Recipe by MadCity Dale
Served on July 13, 2014 for the Northside's Welcoming Week for the new DOMESTIC ABUSE INTERVENTION SERVICES (DAiS) building/facility.
- 10 small French bread (thick slices)
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
For Praline Topping
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups maple syrup
- 2 cups pecans, chopped, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and next 3 ingredients and
- pour pan.
- Cover with bread slices, top with remaining egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a 10" x 18" shallow SS steam table pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and single layer of French toast.
- Cover with soaked bread pieces and bake 30-35 minutes until puffed and brown.
- Cut into squares and invert onto plates to serve.