Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
From America's Most Wanted Recipe's Cookbook haven't tried yet, but wanted to post for safe keeping!
- Sprinkle the gelatin over water and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk to almost a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla, and sugar with a wire whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved, at least 2 minutes.
- Stir into the gelatin mixture and let cool.
- Stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions for about 20 minutes or until creamy.
The ice cream TASTED fantastic and was soft enough to serve with a spoon straight from the freezer. Just one thing in the recipe that didn't work...If you chill the ice cream for 5 - 6 hours it sets to a jelly ( obviously ! ) so I would check after an hour. Mine set so I had to 'defrost' it and then beat the lumps out so I think this would have changed the texture of the end result, also I do not have an ice cream maker so I just beat it & froze it. The other thing you need to know is that it doesn't have ice cream properties ie. it doesn't really melt...brilliant for my purposes though as I wanted for my work as a Childcare Centre Cook and no-melting-ice cream = less mess and as I'm in Australia it is almost Summer here. I will certainly make this again...many thanks for posting.