Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A traditional refreshing raita that uses coconut milk in place of yogurt!It will be a little thinner than yogurt raita-do not use reduced fat coconut milk and make sure you chill it!If you make homemade coconut milk make it thick and creamy.From the Everything Indian Cookbook by Monica Bhide.Cook time is chill time and yield is approximate.
- 6 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shredded finely
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1 serrano chili pepper (or other small hot chile)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Finely chop onion and tomato.Mince cilantro ,and peel and finely mince or grate fresh ginger.Combine all ingredients,adding salt to taste.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving,Serve cold.