Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These dainty finger sandwiches of cheese, chives and watercress are perfect for an afternoon tea party (or anytime)! Traditionally served on a 3-tier serving tray, and arranged accordingly: scones on top w/warming dome, sandwiches and savories in the middle, and sweets on the bottom. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped watercress
- 12 slices white bread (or light wheat bread)
- Combine butter, Roquefort cheese, chives and watercress; blend thoroughly.
- Trim crusts from bread. Spread mixture on 6 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich into thirds.
- Makes 1 1/2 dozen tea-time finger sandwiches.