Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sandwich that would be fit for Dagwood, for those of us who at least remember him!
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 4 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using serrated knife (I use my electric) cut the bread lengthwise into 3 equal pieces.
- Lay a piece of foil over a cookie sheet big enough to hold the bread.
- Place bottom of bread on the foil.
- Spread with 1 TBS of melted butter.
- Top with the ham, provolone cheese and 1/2 of the dressing.
- Place the middle of the bread on top.
- spread with remaining softened butter.
- Top with turkey, salami and the remaining dressing.
- Top with top of bread loaf.
- Stir together the 2 TBS melted butter and the sesame seeds.
- Brush over the top and sides of the bread.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 400 for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
- Slice and serve warm.
Great sandwich!! It was so easy to make and quick. Went over very well with the man too. The next time I make it (and there will be a next time) I think I may add a little red onion, I think it will go will with the different meats and dressing. Thanks Laurie!