Recipe by Ma Field
One half of the ZWT4 Italy Frozen Dessert Challenge. This is a sweet gelato with a heart-healthy dose of strawberries and carrot juice. Give it a try! ** there's a glitch that makes this say "strawberry" when what I mean is fresh strawberries.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar carrot juice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil one minute.
- Remove from heat and cool syrup completely.
- Meanwhile hull and puree strawberries. Measure out 2 cups of puree. Mix in lemon juice. Chill completely. Reserve remainder for another recipe.
- When both mixtures are completely cold. Combine gently and place in freezer container of ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturer's directions for making gelato.
- Once frozen, harden in freezer at least one hour before serving.