Recipe by eshows
This is a great chili recipe for those of us who just can't handle red meat or sauces...or if you just want something a little different.
Top Review by RedHotBeads
This was good, but way more like soup than chili to me. So I added a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up, and it worked just fine. Tasted great! I 4oz can of chilis was enough heat for us.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 4 cups chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (2 cans for more spice)
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or red pepper)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red beans (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken breasts on a skillet and cut into cubes. Keep to add later.
- Heat oil. Add onions, garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano and pepper - saute for 2 minutes.
- Add undrained northern beans, chicken stock and drained red beans. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add chicken and cheese, reduce heat and stir until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream at table in case it has too much bite for your guests.