Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
My dad died when I was six, but one thing that I will always remember from him is this breakfast that he created himself. It is a sweet way to start your day, especially if you like peanut butter.
- 1 shredded wheat cereal
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (natural or regular)
- 2 cups milk (or however much you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Spread the peanut butter on the shredded wheat biscuit.
- Place the biscuit in a cereal bowl and cover with milk.
- Microwave the bowl for about 2 minutes, or until the milk is warm and the peanut butter is soft.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of peanut butter, and enjoy!
We don't get shredded wheat in my country anymore (sadly), but I tried this on Weet-bix, using honey as my sweetener and I have to say, I love your Dad's "outside of the box" take on cereal - this was great! A wonderful way to get some extra protein into a quicker-than-quick, hot breakfast. So tasty - a definite winner and a keeper for me. Thank you for posting this recipe - I love it :)
I tried this because I like shredded wheat and I like peanut butter, and I am looking for some quick and healthy breakfast solutions before heading out to work. I also love the heart-warming story in its introduction! However, this arrangement doesn't do anything for me, and I won't be making this again for me. I gave this 4 stars because I would definitely try this out on kids! I would think that kids will love it! :) BTW, the first time I made it it exploded in my microwave! Thanks, AmateurPastryChef, for posting! Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
Used 2 teaspoons of sugar and the results were suprisingly good. Will certainly do again for a quick, warm breakfast on a cold winter morning. Thanks APC.