Recipe by theAmateurPastryChef
My dad died when I was six, but one thing that I will always remember from him is this breakfast that he created himself. It is a sweet way to start your day, especially if you like peanut butter.
Top Review by Shazzie
We don't get shredded wheat in my country anymore (sadly), but I tried this on Weet-bix, using honey as my sweetener and I have to say, I love your Dad's "outside of the box" take on cereal - this was great! A wonderful way to get some extra protein into a quicker-than-quick, hot breakfast. So tasty - a definite winner and a keeper for me. Thank you for posting this recipe - I love it :)
- 1 shredded wheat cereal
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (natural or regular)
- 2 cups milk (or however much you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the peanut butter on the shredded wheat biscuit.
- Place the biscuit in a cereal bowl and cover with milk.
- Microwave the bowl for about 2 minutes, or until the milk is warm and the peanut butter is soft.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of peanut butter, and enjoy!