Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These were my Dad's favorite when I was a kid, now they are hubby's favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal (Regular, not instant or quick)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg, water and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes.
my daughter decided to make these. We didn't have raisins or nuts thought. she didn't know that the hour soak was for the raisins. but they still came out awesome
I made these yesterday, my son is coming home and loves oatmeal cookies. They are wonderfully crispy, I like that. Great with ice cream! Thanks.
What is not to love about these cookies. My DH chose to surprise me by making them for me. By the time I got home there was only a few left. That should say it all. YUMM!