This is the recipe my dad uses for "Pizza and Movie Night" every Friday, a tradition started when my dad was a food service officer on a submarine and they would make pizza every Friday night for the crew. Add any toppings you like. Be creative!
- Combine flour, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Add warm water and olive oil; stir with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Cover with a clean dishtowel and/or set in a warm place to let rise about 20 minutes.
- When risen, transfer the dough to a floured surface. Flour your hands and the dough before kneading a couple of times.
- With a pizza cutter, divide the dough into three pieces; set two pieces aside.
- Knead one pie again before shaping into a small, flat circle. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin, being careful to retain a circle shape (if the dough starts sticking, try flouring the rolling pin as well).
- Carefully place the dough in a 12-inch pizza pan, trimming with a pizza cutter if needed.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for the other two pieces of dough.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Spread evenly on each pizza with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on each pizza, along with any desired toppings.
- Bake each pizza at 425 degrees F until the cheese starts to brown on the edges.
- Let cool a bit before slicing and serving.
- Try using any leftover ingredients to make a miniature pizza.