1/5 Photos of Dad's Friday Night Pizza
This is the recipe my dad uses for "Pizza and Movie Night" every Friday, a tradition started when my dad was a food service officer on a submarine and they would make pizza every Friday night for the crew. Add any toppings you like. Be creative!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 23 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 37 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Combine flour, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Add warm water and olive oil; stir with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- 2Cover with a clean dishtowel and/or set in a warm place to let rise about 20 minutes.
- 3When risen, transfer the dough to a floured surface. Flour your hands and the dough before kneading a couple of times.
- 4With a pizza cutter, divide the dough into three pieces; set two pieces aside.
- 5Knead one pie again before shaping into a small, flat circle. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin, being careful to retain a circle shape (if the dough starts sticking, try flouring the rolling pin as well).
- 6Carefully place the dough in a 12-inch pizza pan, trimming with a pizza cutter if needed.
- 7Repeat steps 5-6 for the other two pieces of dough.
- 8Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Spread evenly on each pizza with the back of a spoon.
- 9Sprinkle the shredded cheese on each pizza, along with any desired toppings.
- 10Bake each pizza at 425 degrees F until the cheese starts to brown on the edges.
- 11Let cool a bit before slicing and serving.
- 12Try using any leftover ingredients to make a miniature pizza.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Friday Night Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.8 g