Recipe by nurah
this is an easy and unique recipe for a great bite size meatball for any occation! Also, because its made with lean beef, no bread crumbs and brown rice, figure friendly!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup uncooked Minute brown rice
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost 2.25 lbs of lean ground beef.
- add beef, salt, pepper, dried Oregano leaves, dried Parsley leaves and eggs into a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cook 2 servings minute brown rice (about 1 cup uncooked.).
- Peel onion and grade with cheese grader on medium grade.
- Mix onion with beef, herbs and rice.
- Preheat oven to 350*f.
- Cover cookie sheet with foil, and spray with olive oil (i used the spray kind, but you can brush it on lightly if desired).
- Roll each meatball into golf ball size and place on cookie sheet (i could fit about 25-30 meatballs per sheet).
- Spray olive oil again over meatballs (you can lightly brush if desired).
- Salt moderately over meatballs.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve immediately.
- serve about 10 meatballs per serving.