1 hr 20 mins
My husbands grandmother gave me this recipe. Now that she is no longer with us, I bake these every Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the egg yolks and blend well, gradually add flour and mix thoroughly – dough well be really stiff.
- 4Fold in the pecans.
- 5Spoon a little than half of the dough into an 8x8 inch ungreased pan. Cover with preserves.
- 6Pat down the dough, making sure to form a little edge of dough around the pan (this will help to ensure that the preserves will not leak out and burn during baking).
- 7Using small handfuls of the remaining dough, pat the dough in your hands to form a small flat disk, lay on top of preserves, use up rest of the dough in the same manner, making sure that no preserves are left uncovered.
- 8Cover edges of dough with aluminum foil so that the edges will not brown to fast.
- 9Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10When the pan is cool, cut into small bars and dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Czechoslovakan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1057 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.7
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 156.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g