Prep 3 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a quick & easy recipe for sauteed mushrooms the way they are eaten in the Czech republic (formerly Czechoslovakia). These mushrooms are delicious & make a great side dish. Posted for ZWT.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fry onions in melted butter. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until translucent; add mushrooms, caraway seed and salt.
- Sautee for 10 to 15 minutes & serve immediately.
Loved the recipe - What a difference a few caraway seeds make. Cut way back on the butter. Served with Greek Eggs for a Sunday Brunch. Will make again for sure
mmm very tasty! love the smell and flavour of caraway seed but never would have thought to put them with mushrooms, they were wonderful!! just the smell while sauteing them made my mouth water , I will be making them again, thanks for posting!
These mushrooms are awesome! I sliced them thicker than indicated, just becuase I like them thicker and "meatier." Excellent flavor and easy to make. I'll make these again; thanx!